This is a SOS-free (free of sugar, oil and salt) vegan roast that can be made in place of turkey – either at your holiday dinner or just a Sunday roast!
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 17 oz cooked beans
- 3.5 oz cooked rice or quinoa
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock powder
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1 tbsp dried sage leaves
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- Black pepper, to taste
- Place the beans and cooked rice in a food processor and blend until reasonably smooth but still with some chunky texture.
- Place bean and rice mixture in a mixing bowl and add all of the remaining ingredients. Mix well with your hands until it all holds together.
- Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C).
- Place your mixture on some non-stick parchment paper and fold closed. Wrap in some aluminum foil and bake in oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve with the rest of your roast for a delicious vegan alternative!