This is another very fast and extremely easy SOS-Free plant-based whole food, cruelty-free recipe. ‘SOS-Free’ means that it is free of added salt, oil and sugar – thus making it much healthier than other options that use refined ingredients. This is my ‘go to’ recipe for guests that enjoy tasty, simple food – or for when I fancy some healthy comfort food after working long hours – as it all comes together in a matter of minutes.
Note – this is one of my ‘hippy cooking’ recipes – in that you basically chuck the ingredients in until ‘it tastes good – man’. You don’t have to be absolutely precise with the measurements – so let your freak flag fly, and do your thing, baby.
- cup Cashews soaked overnight – or for at least three hours
- bunch Basil
- tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- cracked black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions on the package. Note: If you want a very low carb version of this dish, consider using courgette (zucchini) noodles – buy them ur use a spiralizer. You can also use konjac noodles – you can get these in most stores. Although they are made from a type of seaweed, don’t let that put you off, they really are quite ‘pasta-like’ and provide little to no carbohydrate.
- Blend all ingredients for the pesto in a blender and season with to your desired taste.
- If using cooked pasta, when it is al dente, combine it with the sauce. If using Garnish with cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and dairy-free parmesan.